CBD is extracted as one of the important components of the Sativa (Cannabis) plant. Cannabis contains many other cannabinoids apart from CBD. They include THC, terpenes, and many others. THC produces psychoactive effects, and this is why the products made from the Cannabis plant were illegal in the past.
With decent advancements and studies, significant research is conducted on CBD products and their usage. In 2018, US Farm Bill was passed, and it made the use of CBD items legal by removing them from the community of Schedule-I drugs. As far as the global legal status of CBD goods is concerned, it is allowed in most of the regions, whereas still there are some areas where you cannot consume CBD products. Let’s take a deeper look into that.
CBD Legality in CanadaSome amendments were made in Canadian drug laws on October 17, 2018, and as a result, the sellers and community both were given permission to sell and use both CBD and marijuana products, respectively. But there are some restrictions – only the sellers having a license to sell CBD items are allowed to get involved in this business. If you are living in Canada, you can order your CBD any time you want.
Legal Status of CBD in Other Parts of the WorldOverall, a large number of countries have made CBD usage legal in their regions. Some places still don’t allow you to take these items within their premises. Let’s get into the details. CBD Status Europe The policies in Europe are lenient when it comes to the use of different CBD items.
- Netherlands: If you are living within the premises of the Netherlands, you are allowed to consume CBD goods having THC contents less than 0.05%.
- Germany: This country considers CBD products legal if they have THC contents less than 0.2%.
- UK: If you purchased a CBD item that has no THC content present in it, you can freely move to the UK with that. In other words, UK allows all CBD items that contain no THC.
- Thailand: FDA Thailand is very strict about CBD products, and if you don’t take their permission, you cannot consume them at any cost. If you want to take CBD for personal use, at maximum, you can keep a supply of 30 days.
- India: You can bring and buy any type of CBD items in this region without any restriction.
- South Korea: The recreational use of CBD goods is strictly prohibited in South Korea. You can use them only if you have some medical reasons.