Medical Cannabis Legalization Philippines in under way. Under the Republic Act of the Philippines, 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act 2012, cannabis is illegal. The laws forbid anyone from using or selling. If caught, you will face criminal charges that can result to life imprisonment.
Medical Cannabis in the PhilippinesLast May 26, 2014, Rodolfo Albano, Isabela’s First District Representative filed House Bill 4477 or the Compassionate use of Medical Cannabis Legalization Philippines. After taking a month talking to advocates about cannabis, medical cannabis legalization was drafted. This year Risa Hontiveros, submitted a revised bill 180 or the Philippine Compassionate Medical Cannabis Bill, which also aims for medical cannabis legalization Philippines for medical use, not recreational use. It’s now a Senate Bill, but until now, the President of the Philippines has no reaction with the bill.
Medical Cannabis Legalization PhilippinesThese are some of the Philippine group of Cannabis advocates, mostly patients, and parents of children in need of medical marijuana.
- Philippine Cannabis Compassion Society – PCCS
- 420 Philippines
- Moms for Marijuana
- Can be used as a Pain reliever
- Can help those who have PTSD
- Treating nausea and vomiting
- Can add appetite
- Helps in controlling asthma attack
- Can cure insomnia
- Can cure cancer – it can stop cancer from spreading
- Treats Epilepsy
- Can calm your panic attack
- Can cure glaucoma
- Prevent seizure disorder
- It will slower the progression of claimers disease
Recognized Types of Cannabis Strains in the PhilippinesMost of the cannabis users in the Philippines only recognizes two types of cannabis: The sativa and Indica.
- Sativa Cannabis
Types of Sativa Cannabis in the Philippines
- Bukidnon Gold
- Baguio Gold
- Cebu Gold
- Tinglayan Hybrid
- Ifugao Heirloom
- Local Purple Haze of Benguet
- Local Jilly Bean and Elusive Sensimilla of Sagada
- Using Bong
- It can add energy to the users.
- Add a positive feeling.
- Munchies or craving for food
- Can be used to treat different sickness
- Can be used as a food source
- It lowers crime rate – theirs is no crime made with the influence of marijuana compared to other most common known drugs
- Can make you more productive
- It can make you more creative
Most common Negative side effects of Marijuana in the PhilippinesIf the user smokes a lot of marijuana, it can sometimes lead to this negative effects.
- Dry mouth
- Memory Impairment
- Lack of Motivation
- Aggressive in sex
- Different lung problems because of the smoke
- Can make brain feel tired
- Mental health problems
- Joint – this is used with numbers describing how many joints they have or use.
- Ednis – When they want to ask someone to smoke with them
- Magic smoke
Posted in General and tagged Cannabis Legalization of Marijuana in the Philippines