So you’ve never used CBD before. Perhaps you’ve already taken the jump and purchased some CBD oil, only to discover that it doesn’t taste all that great. While there are flavoured solutions available, wouldn’t it be a waste to throw the rest of the bottle away? Fortunately, there are various ways to consume CBD oil besides simply placing it under your tongue. If you enjoy cooking and being healthy, these CBD recipes are ideal for you. But first, let’s define CBD and why you might want to cook with it in the first place.
Is CBD Good for You?
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is one of several naturally occurring cannabinoids present in the hemp plant. It is thought to have distinct features due to how it interacts with the human body’s endocannabinoid system or ECS. This system regulates many parts of our biological functioning; think of it as a communications system that helps to keep our internal physiology in balance and equilibrium. CBD stimulates the ECS, resulting in a better-functioning and more balanced body. Furthermore, according to the World Health Organization, CBD is safe to consume and well-tolerated in people. It’s also non-addictive, non-intoxicating (it will not make you high), and has few to no adverse side effects.
Delicious CBD Recipes That Anyone Can Enjoy
- Cookies & Cream Cheesecake CBD Bites
Despite the fact that the name of this dessert’s a mouthful, these little bites are just the right size! Despite its cheesecake name, these sweet snack balls are vegan and gluten-free, so don’t worry if you have dietary restrictions. Of course, if you aren’t vegan, you may substitute ordinary butter with almond butter.
- ½ cup almond flour
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon (gluten-free) baking powder
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon of flax mixed with 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 5 drops vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 cup cream cheese (vegan, of course!)
- CBD oil
- Preheat the oven to 300˚F.
- Place the almond flour, cacao powder, baking powder, and a pinch of salt into a mixing bowl, and combine well. Mix in the flax egg and coconut oil.
- Place this dough on a sheet of baking paper. Press the dough into cookie shapes, about 1-2 inches wide.
- Transfer this to a baking tray and place in the oven; bake for 12-15 minutes until crispy. Then allow the cookie to cool — it should crisp up as it cools down.
- When the cookies are crispy, crumble them up into cookie crumbs in a bowl, and set this aside.
- Add the almond butter, cream cheese, and CBD oil to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Fold in half of the crumbled cookies.
- Take a spoon — or an ice cream scoop is better — and scoop out the mixture one ball at a time. Drop the ball into the rest of the crumbled cookie mixture, and roll to make sure the cheese is covered.
- Set the completed balls on another tray, and once you have them all, chill them in the freezer or fridge.
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats — With a CBD Twist!
Do you know what overnight oats are? Essentially, they deliver a pleasant dish of healthful porridge without all of the pan stirring and scorching of your tongue when it’s too hot. Place a jar of oats and your beverage of choice in the fridge overnight to let the oats absorb all of the moisture, and voila, your porridge is ready to go in the morning! You can eat it hot or cold, and it’s excellent both ways. If you enjoy your porridge with a little flavour, try this CBD-infused dish for overnight oats that tastes exactly like carrot cake.1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup carrot, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 and ¼ cup milk (or almond milk for a dairy-free alternative)
- CBD oil
- Mix together the rolled oats, carrot, cinnamon, allspice, chia seeds, and raisins in a bowl.
- Add in the vanilla extract, maple syrup, milk, and CBD oil, and then mix together again.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or leave overnight.
- If you want, top with Greek yogurt and pecans, and serve!
- Energizing Chocolate CBD Latte
You might want to try a CBD beverage for a genuinely convenient CBD fix. CBD coffee is getting increasingly popular, so here’s a delectably sweet latte recipe with enough CBD to get you through the day. In fact, this recipe contains no coffee, so it is caffeine-free, yet it tastes just like a good ol’ latte. 1 serving Ingredients
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- CBD oil
- Flavorings of choice (e.g., a sprinkle of cinnamon)
- Combine all the ingredients apart from the CBD oil in a small pot.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking to break up any clumps. When it begins to simmer, remove from the heat and stir in the CBD.
- Pour into a mug or over ice and serve immediately.